The shortlist has been announced today for the Business Travel People Awards 2023.
The awards, now in their 12th year, will be presented at a glittering evening ceremony at the Grand Connaught Rooms, London, on September 25.
There are 15 categories this year, representing a range of individual and team roles across all sectors to celebrate those whose professionalism and business excellence make them stand out from their peers.
New categories include Business Travel Team of the Year, People Manager of the Year and a TMC Above and Beyond award, which will be presented to an individual or team in any TMC role or department that has gone above and beyond and made a significant, positive impact on their organisation, colleagues, clients, partners and/or the wider industry.
“We’ve had a fantastic number of entries this year and all of them at a very high standard, so the judges had a tough job coming up with the shortlist,” said Leigh Cowlishaw, Joint Managing Partner of Black Box Partnerships.
“Big congratulations to those who have made it to this next stage, which is an incredible achievement.”
The judging panel will meet in London on July 6 to select the final winners.
As in previous years, judges are prohibited from judging categories where there is any conflict of interest.
“Our panel of 20 independent judges have already worked so hard to study all of this year’s entries to select the shortlist and we are so grateful to all of them for giving up their valuable time.
“I know they face some difficult decisions at the final judging day but I know they will make sure the awards go to the very best in our industry,” added Cowlishaw.
Tables for up to nine people are available from £1350 (Early Bird) and then from £1575.
The ceremony will start with a drinks reception, sponsored by Direct ATPI, followed by a three-course dinner in the Grand Hall, during which the winners will be announced.
Afterwards there will be time for more networking and celebrating.
Ticket price includes the welcome drinks reception, ceremony and the three-course dinner with wine and coffee.
Here is the full list of finalists for the 2023 Business Travel People Awards:
Account Management team of the Year
- Corporate Sales Team, Accor
- Supplier Management Team, Agiito
- JetBlue UK Team
- EMEA Account Management Team, National Corporate Housing
- UK Account Management Team, TAG
Account Manager of the Year
- Lindsay Cook, Agiito
- Chris Culpin, Diversity Travel
- Joanna Bruce, Nomadic
- Ross Welham, Situ
- Emma Horton, Synergy
Meetings & Events Team of the Year
- Groups, Meetings & Events team, Reed & Mackay
- UK Events Team, TAG
- Events Team, veSpace
Business Travel Team of the Year
- Travel Team, Agiito
- Reservations and Guest Service Team, Beautiful Apartments Sweden
- Reservations Department, Blue Cube Travel
- Navan and Reed & Mackay
- The Advantage Global Business Travel Team, The Advantage Travel Partnership
Duty of Care Champion
- Supplier Relations Team, Diversity Travel
- Michelle Harrison and the IMU team, Reed & Mackay
- Christopher Ollerton, Synergy
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Champion
- Ready & Able Inclusion Group, American Express GBT
- Tiffany Casson, Inntel
- Amber Smith & DEI Steering Council, National Corporate Housing
- Anna Snoep, Inntel
- Chris Truss, Reed & Mackay
- Sam Cande, Responsible Futures
- The Thrust Carbon Team, Thrust Carbon
- Nico and Elkie Nicholas, Trees4Travel
Travel Technology Innovator
- Caroline Boyle, AltoVita
- Innovation & Technology Team, Nomadic
- Gary Hurst, Mysa
- Team Travelogix
- Leadership Team, TripStax
- Harriett Wall, Agiito
- Sarah Maia, Agiito
- Aron Jameson, ATPI
- Francesca Mendola, Global Travel Collection
- Marion Milazzo, Staycity Group
- Sarah Maia, Agiito
- Maja Gedosev, JetBlue
- Jen Fackelman, Nomadic
- Nikki Banks, TripStax
- Kate Fitzpatrick, World Travel Protection
People Manager of the Year
- Eden Sutherland, Agiito
- Lucy Norman, BCD Travel
- Kevin Trill, Blue Cube Travel
- Abby Penston, Focus Travel Partnership
- Jack Ramsey, TripStax
Buyer of the Year
- Adam Hickingbotham, Atkins
- Kim Trenter, DAZN
TMC Above and Beyond
- Leanne Fowler, Agiito
- ATPI Commercial Team, ATPI
- UK Supplier Relations, TAG
Outstanding Industry Contribution Award
- Leanne Fowler, Agiito
- James Foice, Association of Serviced Apartment Providers (ASAP)
- Clive Wratten, Business Travel Association
- Suzanne Neufang, GBTA
- Neil Thomson, Nomadic